All surveys and research proposals must be reviewed by the Society’s Research Committee and approved by the Board of Directors. Survey proposals are reviewed by the Research Committee twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. The submission deadline for the next review is April 1, 2024. Please note the typical response rate is less than 30%. All other research proposals will be reviewed by the Research Committee as time permits.
Please return a completed submission form (Word Doc) along with a copy of your abstract and survey or proposal to the Society Office. We also require a non-refundable $50 application fee (Word Doc). If your survey is approved, a $500 survey distribution fee will be collected prior to sending your survey.
For further information, contact us.
Overall Guidelines for Survey and Research Proposals:
- The study submission form and an abstract are required for all surveys and research proposals.
- Fees: A $50 non-refundable application fee is required upon submission.
- As a part of the review process, the submitter may be helped by the Research Committee or other members of the ASBrS leadership to improve the survey as time allows.
- The data will be the property of the ASBrS but will be transmitted to the requesting member who will have 1 year to analyze the information and prepare any publications. A courtesy copy of your manuscript submission to a peer reviewed journal is required.
- Results from the survey or research proposal must be submitted to the research committee. If the data will be presented and/or published, you must provide information on where it will be presented and/or published.
- After 1 year the data will become available to members of the Society for analysis and publication.
- The Research Committee or other resources of the Society may or may not be available to assist with data analysis depending on complexity and cost.
For Survey Proposals:
- The final draft of the survey must be included in your submission proposal.
- Survey validation or beta testing of the target group is required before submitting your proposal.
- Surveys will be reviewed in October and at the ASBrS annual meeting in the spring.
- Preferential treatment will be given to members of the Society and surveys will be ranked in numerical order.
- Surveys will be rolled out sequentially by ranking with no more than 1 distributed every 3 months.
- A $500 survey distribution fee must be submitted if your survey is approved.
- The survey will be distributed by the ASBrS with the ASBrS e-mail logo, and the ASBrS will collect the data. The survey e-mail, in addition to the survey itself, will be subject to approval by the Board.
- Review the Survey Development Guide (PDF) before submitting your submission form.
For Mastery Research Proposals:
- All Mastery research proposals will be reviewed by the Research Committee as time permits.
- If submitting a research proposal that involves mining the Mastery of Breast Surgery database, members must have a Waiver of Authorization (permission to proceed with a retrospective study using de-identified patient data) from an IRB, typically that of the investigator’s home institution. Obtaining IRB authorization is the responsibility of the investigator.
- The researcher(s) will be responsible for the cost of Society staff time. We will provide an estimated cost upon receiving a full proposal outlining the scope of work. Contact Us for additional information.
- A Mastery of Breast Surgery Program Data Use Agreement is required.